Varieties of hosting services
A hosting service pertains to stockpiling and/or sharing specific content on a server administered by a web hosting company. There are different sorts of hosting services utilized for various aims, so let's take a gaze at them. In this way, you can determine what you need, based on whether you wish to set up a web page, mail address accounts, or to share files with pals and acquaintances.
- File hosting: a service distributed by certain providers, which allows you to share bulky files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archived documents, and so on. This service is also known as file storage, and its single designation is to share files, since it does not offer web site uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either receive an accidentally created download link for each of them, or you will be able to explore a roll of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to view .html or .php web page files in your web browser. Free-of-cost file hosting plans are frequently supported by exhibiting advertisements beside the download links, while a timer obliges you to await a particular spell of time to perceive them. A single file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you have a paid file storage package, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download right away, and also there is no restriction with regard to the download speed or the file size.
At the moment, with the help of the cPanel hosting merchants, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more voguish "cloud hosting". This is an entirely inapt interpretation of the real definition of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting platform would allot the load between autonomous packs of servers in a cluster, which are committed to serving miscellaneous web page hosting services (electronic mail, data storage, stats, DNS, databases, web page hosting Control Panel, etc.) So, the file hosting solution is merely a kind of a storage space hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: close to file hosting; given distributors provide a hosting service for pictures solely. This hosting kind is good if you wish to share a large number of pictures with friends or acquaintances since the solution is commonly free of cost. You will receive a randomly generated link for every pic or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file storage solution, .html and .php files are not supported, so the service cannot be used for websites.
- Email hosting: a service committed to tackling your e-mail accounts. Some companies provide web site hosting solutions for websites, but do not offer an email service. If you wish to have a mail address with your domain name but do not desire to own a site, then the email hosting service is what you want. You can create e-mail accounts and administer them, but there will be no hosting solution for the domains. The e-mail hosting solution includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP servers.
- Video hosting: this solution enables you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to a given video file, or you can embed the video clip in your site that is hosted elsewhere. The advantage of using this approach instead of uploading the video file in a web hosting account is that the video clip creates a specific amount of central processing unit load, so with several video files and a few hundred visitors, you may have a problem with your website hosting supplies. Embedding the video will permit you to use as many video files as you want without worrying about system quotas.
- Website hosting: this is the service that you require if you wish to own a web site. To some degree, it involves all of the aforesaid hosting kinds since, along with your sites, you can also host images and files, you can set up databases and e-mailbox accounts, upload video clips, and so on. At BIGSITES, for instance, you can see web hosting and dedicated server hosting packages that allow you to have all of the aforementioned solutions in one place. There may be limits depending on the form of hosting solution that you've opted for - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your web space hosting package may be better or worse juxtaposed to the routine e-mail/file/video/image hosting packages that are created for specific content solely.